First thing this morning BJ Marine lifted the boat back in the water. The previous couple of days were spent dodging showers to try and antifoul the boat. We managed, but not without a fair amount of grief and impolite language! We also cleaned off the worst of the muck from the winter – mainly the port and starboard quarters where the rain and muck run down through the toerail from the dip on the deck. These areas were then polished to try and protect them a little. The rest of the hull was just wiped over.
Other work done was:
- Two new shaft anodes (inch and a quarter)
- Removing the main prop anode and cleaning the face and anode (it hadn’t eroded much at all)
- New cover for the wheel
- Engine service
A bit of a compromise all round, but she was looking nice again when lifted back in. Going back into the water was quite an experience at low water. We stepped back on board over the pulpit when they lowered her to that level and were then lowered down into a void about 15 feet below. Once in properly, we just reversed out of the dock and motored back round to our berth.
The rest of the day was spent putting sails back on, refitting the main cover, sprayhood and a few other bits and pieces ready for off.