Agön anon

A lively day today. The wind had been blowing quite hard overnight (25-30 knots) and was forecast to drop during the morning. So, around 11am, we decided to leave. The white horses in the approach channel should have told us something, but once we got out, we found that the wind hadn’t dropped at all. In the end we had a N6-7 most of the way – so much for forecasts! The sail was fine with partial jib, but it was rolly and uncomfortable at times. The wind did ease slightly for the final stretch across to Agön, but a full jib was still plenty of sail and we were making over 7.5 knots over the ground. It was nice to finally anchor in Storhamn. We decided to anchor in the north of the inlet rather than go on the jetty as the breeze was forecast to get up again (as if it ever went down …) during the night, so we felt we would be more sheltered.

To see our track, follow the link below: